- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Sort By :
"This is absolutely delicious. I never had luck making chicken and dumplings and gave up a long time ago. I decided to try once again. The dumplings turned out perfect. I left them cook 20 minutes to be on the safe side like some of the others suggested. So glad I did since any time I did make dumplings they were always full of doe in the middle. Husband says I have to make this again, which I definitely will. I also added onions because we are big onion fans. Excellent Recipe and is great in a time cruncher. Thanks for posting"
"Super fast and easy way to get a hearty meal on the table. This tastes like it has been simmering all day. I will be making this recipe many, many times. It's a keeper."
"I was in a time crunch last night and remembered I had printed this recipe out, and was glad I did.I am a sucker for biscuits and that was why I wanted something super fast, easy and delishAnother thing you could do to make it even faster is use frozen biscuits.Very nice recipe, will be making this again."
"if you can't remove the lid how can you insert a toothpick see when the dumplings are Done???? I am confused"