Eastern Shore Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Fold in crab. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"Great recipe, simple to prepare. I dip them in breadcrumbs after I shape them, then refrigerate for half an hour before cooking."
"This is the best crab cake recipe that I've ever used... no need to look any further! I've made them a few times and the family loves them... even the kids!"
"Now this is the way to make crabcakes. None of that green diced peppers or onions taking over the flavor of the crabmeat. I also throw in a dab of dry mustard and cook the cakes in butter. A dollop of fresh lemon juice over the cooked crabcakes also is a plus. There, you now have VA crabcakes."
"Have made this recipe four times this summer and it is delicious. Did not have plain bread crumbs so used Italian and made it just a tad spicier. Also, if you make the crab cakes and refrigerate them for an hour or so before frying they will stay together and not fall apart. Be sure to use 2 spatulas to turn them."
"These were excellent! My dad likes to try crab cakes at different restaurants and he said these are the best that he has ever had...key is not to over cook and dry them out."