“In Delaware, we’re surrounded by an abundance of fresh seafood, particularly terrific crab. The secret to great crab cakes is fresh crab meat, not too much filler and not breaking up the crab too much. This recipe does all that.” —Cynthia M Bent, Newark, Delaware
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Fold in crab. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Eastern Shore Crab Cakes in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p96
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review