Eastern Shore Seafood Salad
We live just a short distance from the Chesapeake Bay area, so crabmeat dishes are very popular here. This is a new recipe I came across that I think is extra special.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 3 cups cooked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, crab, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add to the shrimp mixture and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If desired, serve in a lettuce-lined bowl and garnish with egg.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Eastern Shore Seafood Salad in Country April/May 1999