Deluxe Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Chocolate syrup, caramel ice cream topping, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnap cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time until smooth. Add remaining sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove 3/4 cup pumpkin filling; set aside. Pour remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with remaining plain filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Drop reserved pumpkin filling by spoonfuls over cheesecake; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Deluxe Pumpkin Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Delicious cheesecake. I use a graham cracker crust with some added cinnamon and sugar so the ginger flavor isn't so strong. I use a water bath but for some reason every time I make this cheesecake it cracks. This was with a 10" pan. Maybe try with a 9"??"
"So delicious! Everyone loved it!! made it for Thanksgiving and will be making it again today to be served tomorrow night for Christmas Eve. As my first one tasted even better then next day when it was colder. I also used the 10 inch pan for 60 mins and it came out perfect! This time I will be adding a little extra ingredients for the crust as it came out with missing spots I guess because of the pan size change."
"This cheesecake was so good! I made this for Thanksgiving this year and everyone in my family loved it! I had to fight for left overs."
"Very delicious... Even people who don't care for pumpkin enjoy this dessert. I did use a 10" spring form and still had to bake it a few additional minutes."
"I bake a different cheesecake every Thanksgiving to take to a family dinner. This one was very well received."