- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Chocolate syrup, caramel ice cream topping, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnap cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time until smooth. Add remaining sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove 3/4 cup pumpkin filling; set aside. Pour remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with remaining plain filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Drop reserved pumpkin filling by spoonfuls over cheesecake; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Deluxe Pumpkin Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This cheesecake is delicious!!! The texture of the filling was super moist and creamy, and the ginger snap pecan crust compliments the pumpkin flavor perfectly. Everyone absolutely loved it!! The recipe was very easy to follow too! I made it as directed although, I used a 9" spring form pan and it needed about 20 minutes extra baking time. The pumpkin swirls make it look elegantly beautiful and it tasted amazing!!"
"This was an exceptional cheesecake! My guests all loved it. I made it exactly as written and I would not change a thing!"
"I've never made a cheese cake before and this turned out wonderful. I did have to bake 20 minutes longer as a few others mentioned. Was a little disappointed with the flavor the crust, expected more ginger taste. Definitely will make this again."
"made this for family Thanksgiving Dinner and many requested the recipe. It was a hit!"
"My Thanksgiving guests loved this cheesecake and my dad said it was the best cheesecake he has ever had. I used a 10-inch pan as many have suggested and it worked perfectly. I was a little leary of the 1 1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg since it is such a strong spice but decided to make it as directed due to the high reviews and I'm glad I did. It is a little more work than a plain cheesecake but so worth the extra effort. The cheesecake is rich with wonderful fall flavors and the pecan gingersnap crust makes it extra special and impressive."