Deluxe Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
When my husband and I were newlyweds and far from family, we invited friends over for a traditional Thanksgiving feast. I searched for stuffing recipes and combined the best aspects of several to create this one. Everyone liked it, and I still make it for holidays.
- 6 cups crumbled corn bread
- 2 cups white bread cubes, toasted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large tart apples, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread, pecans and seasonings; set aside. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- 2. Add butter to drippings; saute the apples, celery and onion until tender. Add to bread mixture. Stir in sausage and enough broth to moisten.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Or use to stuff a turkey; bake according to recipe. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 11 cups).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 326 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Deluxe Corn Bread Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC