Delicious Angel Food Dessert Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Place the pineapple in a large bowl; gently fold in bananas. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spoon fruit over cake.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over fruit. Carefully spread whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Delicious Angel Food Dessert(29)
Sort By :
this is to be diabetic at 40 g carbs. I think I must have had someone hack my computer. 40 carbs per serving does not a diabetic desset make. Matters not what it taste like.
This was just ok. I would rather just have banana pudding. The cake seemed to get mushy. If it is being eaten right away, it may be ok, but having it a few days isn't good.
I made this once for our family. It was a definite hit! Since Valentine's Day was coming up, I made 5 recipes for family and friends. Everyone that I gave it to loved it!
It will be a recipe I will be keeping with my favorites...also VERY easy to make. Delicious!
Took it to a group campout, they loved it..is a keeper..
I am always looking for desserts which are low fat and tasty. This one hit the spot because my grandson who as a rule does not like bananas ate his full share with the comment "grandma always makes the best desserts." Thank you very much for making me a hero in my grandson's eyes.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >