Delicious Almond Braids Recipe
This coffee cake is very similar to an almond crescent. It is light, flaky with a rich almond center. It's so versatile you can serve it for dessert, breakfast or brunch. This will taste like it was made from scratch at a bakery, yet the pakaged puff pastry, makes this recipe very quick and easy to make.Gina Idone, Staten Island, New York
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the almond paste, butter and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add egg and flour; process until smooth.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a greased baking sheet. Spread half of the filling mixture down the center third of one pastry sheet. On each side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, and almond extract. Drizzle over braids; sprinkle with almonds. Cut into slices. Yield: 2 braids (6 slices each).
Originally published as Delicious Almond Braids in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p103
Reviews for Delicious Almond Braids(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review