Even though my two grown sons aren't big "sweets eaters", they think these candies are exceptional. The big peanut butter flavor is a hit combined with holiday staples like walnuts and dates.
Featured In: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Date Nut Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews for Date Nut Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2010
"I wish i could give this more stars! beautiful and easy to make. this combination is wonderful and tastes awesome! I love this addition to my Christmas candy gift bags."