This fresh Cuban sauce wonderfully complements steak, but pour it over a burger, and your taste buds will thank you! —Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Grilled steak
- Place garlic in a small food processor; cover and chop. Add the cilantro, parsley, pepper flakes and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce and lime peel. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with steak. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Cuban Chimichurri in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p50
Reviews for Cuban Chimichurri
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review