- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- White jimmies
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Add wafer crumbs; mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in jimmies. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen balls: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Chocolate Mint Balls
"I think there may be something wrong with the measurements on this recipe. I made it exactly as described and the result was chocolate soup. I crushed the remaining wafers from the package, added them, and then it was the consistency of stew. Will try to salvage the recipe by adding even more wafers. Did anyone else have this problem? Did you have to adjust the liquid when you made it?"
"Forgot to sign my name to my OMG review. It's Gwen - or luvtopolka. Also, I saw the question about jimmies. I, too, couldn't find them, but used multi-colored candy sprinkles instead. luvtopolka"
"OMG!!! These are THE BEST! Everyone who tastes them loves them! So easy, too! What a hit with very little effort! The only "hard" part is rolling them in jimmies."
"What are chocolate wafers?"
"These are easy and delicious. I crushed Oreos in the food processor, which worked nicely. One thing--when it says "refrigerate for 1 hour" it means it. I chilled it longer and the "dough" was too hard to roll into balls. I had to let it sit out to soften. Also, this takes a surprisingly large amount of sprinkles a.k.a. jimmies. Stock up!"
"This is very simple and delicious. I used Oreos and ground them in the food processor. I also used regular chips, not mint. One thing--when it says "refrigerate for 1 hour," it means only 1 hour. I left mine in the fridge for longer and it got so hard that it was difficult to roll into balls. You can let it sit out a while to soften if this happens."
"Rich but oh so yummy! Easy too!"
"You posted this twice and I responded in the other forum:http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/28/p/847889/7270780.aspx#7270780 As for the jimmies, I saw them at Dollar Tree last week. All different colors."
"I would love to make these but what are the chocolate wafers? Crushed sandwich cookies - like oreos?"