Crunchy Candy Clusters Recipe
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place candy coating in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Add peanut butter. Stir in extract if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and marshmallows. Stir in the peanut butter mixture until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Candy Clusters(8)
Sort By :
I am asked to make this every year for my family reunion. I put it in a foil lined 13 x 9 pan and cut it into squares also.
Captain Crunch too sweet. This is similar to a recipe I use that calls for 24 oz. vanilla candy coating, 1 cup chunky peanut butter, 3 cups broken up Rice Chex cereal or 3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, 2 cups of broken up pretzels, and 2 cups mini marshmallows. I just melt the candy coating according to the directions on the packet (in a double boiler).
These are a great addition to the cookie tray- I have been making a variation of them for years but we call them "snowman poop"
Very good recipe if you do not have time to babysit the microwave or stovetop while melting the white candy coat / white chocolate. I also used vanilla extract instead of the almond. Very good flavor. In response to "what is Captain Crunch cereal", it is a small pillow shaped (puffed square) corn based cereal that is very sweet; ie lots of sugar coating. In the USA it comes in 3 flavors (that I'm aware of): regular, crunch berry (with little "berry" flavored puff balls) and peanutbutter.
what is wrong with melting candy coatining in the micerwave this recipe is a waste of time. You are making work for your self.