Before she retired, Faye O'Bryan took these yummy peanut butter bites to work for special occasions. "They're so simple," says the Owensboro, Kentucky cook. "I still make them for holidays because my family looks forward to the coated cereal and marshmallow clusters."
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place candy coating in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Add peanut butter. Stir in extract if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and marshmallows. Stir in the peanut butter mixture until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Candy Clusters in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p53
Reviews for Crunchy Candy Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review