- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 green onions
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- Mix first four ingredients. Mince white parts of green onions; thinly slice green parts.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-in. cubes; pat dry with paper towels. Toss tofu with cornstarch. In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook until crisp and golden brown, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels.
- In same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add peas; stir-fry until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper; cook 30 seconds. Add garlic, ginger and minced green onions; stir-fry 30-45 seconds. Stir in soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in tofu and peas. Sprinkle with sliced green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Tofu with Black Pepper Sauce in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p198
Reviews for Crispy Tofu with Black Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review