- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 12 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- In a Dutch oven, heat marshmallows and butter until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cut with a 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Insert a Popsicle stick into the side of each star; place on waxed paper.
- In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over stars. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 15 pops.
Reviews for Crispy Star Pops
Sort By :
I made for our 4th of July celebration for all the kiddos, but was pleasantly surprised what a hit it was for all the adults. I had a 2" piece of Styrofoam that I wrapped with patriotic ribbon and I stuck the krispy stars in. Will definitely make again!
It was easy me and my grandaughter helped me it was a fun project to do together.
It yields 15 servings, but only requires 12 Popsicle sticks?!
You can't go wrong with rice crispie treats! And these are just so cute. The candy coating and decorations are great and can be adapted for any occasion.