My family loves any dessert that tastes like apple pie, and this one's so easy, the children can help make it. My four grandchildren love helping MawMaw in the kitchen to make treats like this.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Unroll crescent dough into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Combine the walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over crust. Spread with pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Apple Dessert in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p35
Reviews for Crescent Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review