Creole Jambalaya Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add shrimp and parsley; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creole Jambalaya(3)
Sort By :
I've been making this recipe for years. We love it, I put andoulee sausage in it instead of ham I think it gives it quite a kick!
real good used sausage instead of ham.fantastic..
This was a really easy meal to fix. All 3 children ate this dish. You can substitute chicken or sausages quite easily for those with shellfish allergies. Very easy on the calories as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >