I found this in a box of recipe clippings and decided to try them. I'm so glad I did! The minty flavor is perfect for Christmas.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, pecans and creme de menthe. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- With hands lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; let excess drip off. Return to waxed paper; chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Creme de Menthe Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p82
Reviews for Creme de Menthe Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review