I couldn't stop eating this popcorn when I first tried it at a friend's party. My generous pal offered the recipe, and now I bring it to gatherings often. Color your corn an eerie green hue to add a spooky effect at Halloween. —Mrs. Courtney D Wilson, Fresno, California
Featured In: 25 Party Halloween Snacks
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 250°. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and, if desired, food coloring. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 quarts.
Originally published as Creepy Candied Corn in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p89
Reviews for Creepy Candied Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review