My kids love the creamy, rich sauce on these tortellinis so much that they don't even know pumpkin is inside. Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best, nutty and delicious flavor.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add pumpkin and nutmeg; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add tortellini; toss with sauce, adding enough reserved pasta water to coat pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pumpkin Tortellini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review