- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Fresh oregano leaves, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken is tender. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Chicken
Sort By :
"Wonderful flavor and very easy to prepare. Will definitely make again."
"Our family really likes this dish. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, so the sauce covers every bite. Been making this since it was put in the magazine years ago."
"I did not put this in the crock pot, but I did use the ingredients as listed. First I browned the chicken in oil and then added the Italian dressing mixture and let it cook for about 8 minutes. I added the cream cheese mixture and cooked for another 15 minutes covered on med-low. It was delicious, but it was a little heavy for me. That's the only reason I did not give this one 5 stars."
"I have been making this recipe for years, I just used frozen peas instead of mushrooms...it was wonderful. Thanks for the suggestions...something old is new again. Yum."
"This goes into my "Guest Recipe" folder !! The only changes I made were to use 1/2 (16.oz) bottle of Italian Dressing, 1/2 package of cream cheese and cook for an additional 2 hrs. instead of 1.Microwaving the soup and cream cheese a bit makes it easier to blend.Simply outstanding."