- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Fresh oregano leaves, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken is tender. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Chicken
Sort By :
Wonderful flavor and very easy to prepare. Will definitely make again.
Our family really likes this dish. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, so the sauce covers every bite. Been making this since it was put in the magazine years ago.
I did not put this in the crock pot, but I did use the ingredients as listed. First I browned the chicken in oil and then added the Italian dressing mixture and let it cook for about 8 minutes. I added the cream cheese mixture and cooked for another 15 minutes covered on med-low. It was delicious, but it was a little heavy for me. That's the only reason I did not give this one 5 stars.
I have been making this recipe for years, I just used frozen peas instead of mushrooms...it was wonderful. Thanks for the suggestions...something old is new again. Yum.
This goes into my "Guest Recipe" folder !! The only changes I made were to use 1/2 (16.oz) bottle of Italian Dressing, 1/2 package of cream cheese and cook for an additional 2 hrs. instead of 1.
Microwaving the soup and cream cheese a bit makes it easier to blend.