- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Pasta
"I rarely comment on recipes but I had to this time. The capers completely ruined this for me! Unless you know for sure that you LOVE them....dont do it! I made it a second time because I had all the stuff....and it was delish. I threw in a few handfuls of dried cranberries and pumpkin pie spice and it was amazing!"
"The best pasta i ever made"
"Great recipe! I added peas and carrots to make it more kid friendly."
""Delicious!" said by my daughter and husband. Very simple and awesome recipe! Must try!"
"I saw many other,Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe website but your explanation and the presentation is the best, the other day i made this recipe by seeing your blog ,it came out very well and very tasty also...After made this i plain to publish this.so everybody it was my humble request to u all please,please,please try this and gave your feedback so i ill come to know how i make..http://allyummydish.blogspot.in/2015/01/creamy-chicken-pasta.html"