Creamy Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Pasta(14)
Sort By :
This was fantastic. I used wine instead of chicken broth (which I believe makes all the different) and added 1/4th of a diced red bell pepper and 2 ribs of celery but at a slant for crunch. The capers I feel were necessary and great. I steamed 2 1/2 chicken breasts for this. Seasoned them first and steamed for 20 minutes. I used the broth from the steaming as the 1/3 C. of water. Simple, easy and raves from my guests. Tastiest pasta dish I've had in a long time.
This pasta was so delicious. My husband loved it and he is a very picky eater.
This is one of the few recipes I've tried recently that I can't wait to make again. It was the first time I've had capers, and I'm intrigued by them but haven't decided whether I like them or not. My husband said they added a little "surprise" while you're eating it, which he liked. I added more garlic then called for since we both love garlic, used chicken broth instead of wine, and broccoli in place of mushrooms. I also added extra chicken broth because there didn't seem to be enough. Overall it seems to be a great and versatile recipe.
This recipe was easy, fast and delicious! I didn't use the capers and at the end I added more chicken broth and cream to make it creamier and I added about half of af container of shredded parmesan and mixed it in! My whole family LOVED it!
Since I didn't have heavy cream I just used milk and stirred in 2 oz of leftover cream cheese to make it richer. I added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes near the end when I thought the sauce needed a little punch. Overall, it's an easy 30-minute dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >