THE best part about this recipe is that it's great both hot or cold. It's a dish I make often since cheese and rice are staples in my pantry and because it travels well, I like to take it to a picnic or a barbecue.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cheese Rice in Reminisce Extra March 2007, p52
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"My husband, who hates rice, couldn't stop eating this. I've used instant rice also with good results."