Creamy Cheese Rice Recipe
THE best part about this recipe is that it's great both hot or cold. It's a dish I make often since cheese and rice are staples in my pantry and because it travels well, I like to take it to a picnic or a barbecue.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cheese Rice in Reminisce Extra March 2007, p52
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
My husband, who hates rice, couldn't stop eating this. I've used instant rice also with good results.