Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Potato Soup(7)
Sort By :
This is the best soup ever! I freeze small portions and take them out and microwave for a nice, warm, delicious lunch!
It is amazing, but needs additional salt and pepper. I added bacon crumbles and we were very pleased with the results.
Perfection!! Will definitely make this again & again.
I tried to make potato soup many times in my life & every time, was a disaster. I tried your recipe & the soup was awesome! I can't believe I made really good potato soup for the first time. Yay!
This soup was better than I expected, and better then the restaurants. It is great by itself, soup and salad night, or accompanying steak/pork chops. This is a keeper.