- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Halved maraschino cherries or candied cherries
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Delights(2)
Sort By :
These are so yummy! I have made them the last 3 Christmases. I top them with candied cherries. This recipe doesn't yield a large batch so I double the recipe. It turns out fine to use 1 whole egg when doubling rather than 2 egg yolks. Yum! Mine are baking right now, can't wait to get a taste!
These cookies were kind of bland, not a lot to them. I might try this recipe again but I would add almond flavoring to the mix.