Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Brownies(5)
Sort By :
Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly.
I made these today to add to an assorted cookie platter for Christmas. I used a dark chocolate hot cocoa mix and felt it gave it more flavor. Beautiful, moist and tasty - the kids and hubby went nuts over them. Well definitely make again.
I added some cocoa to the brownie batter, needed some extra chocolate flavoring for my taste, I might add some chocolate chips to the batter next time. Nice moist texture, good recipe.
these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Brownies >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Brownies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >