Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in the cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the apple mixture; repeat layers. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
"I cut the sugar down as the apples sweeten things up"
"I made this for the first time and everyone raved about how good it was. They really enjoyed the apple/sweet potato combination. I did use dried cherries instead of cranberries as I didn't have those and it turned out great."
"we all loved it!!! EASY & FAST!!!"
"It's okay, although the yams should be mixed with cinnamon and/or butter to give it flavor, rather than on top."