Cranberry Pecan Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Pie(5)
Sort By :
In my tiny apartment with time at a premium, I had to use pre-made pie dough, which is disappointing because the recipe looks interesting. Even so, I got raves & requests for more at Thanksgiving. The cranberries really tone down the cloying sweetness of a traditional pecan pie. I came back to the recipe now because I'm going to use it as the topping for bar cookies this Chirstmas.
I love, love, love this pie. Couple of times it did not "set up" and I don't know why. But the last few attempts have turned out wonderful. It is delicious and I could eat the whole thing if I could handle the guilt.
Have make several times. Is always the first to be eaten.
This pie was delicious. Everyone who eats pecan pie seems to enjoy this one. The cranberries balance the richness of this super sweet holiday tradition.
This is an excellent pie. I make this every year at Thanksgiving and it always turns out beautiful and delicious. Yum!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >