- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"This is my favorite recipe for pecan pie! I like dark corn syrup, but light would be fine too"
"Can I please just ask....did people use light or dark corn syrup?Adding a 5 star rating because it sounds divine."
"What a great balance of sweet and tart with the cranberries. Definitely will be a keeper recipe."
"In my tiny apartment with time at a premium, I had to use pre-made pie dough, which is disappointing because the recipe looks interesting. Even so, I got raves & requests for more at Thanksgiving. The cranberries really tone down the cloying sweetness of a traditional pecan pie. I came back to the recipe now because I'm going to use it as the topping for bar cookies this Chirstmas."
"I love, love, love this pie. Couple of times it did not "set up" and I don't know why. But the last few attempts have turned out wonderful. It is delicious and I could eat the whole thing if I could handle the guilt."