- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"I thought this sounded mighty good and I was right! It was a hit with the family at Easter. I asked everyone to rate it and they all gave it the highest. I used light corn syrup but I want to try dark next time. I would probably put more pecans in it. I also thawed fresh cranberries that I had frozen previously. They worked great. I whipped fresh cream and put it on the top. You can't lose with that!"
"This is my favorite recipe for pecan pie! I like dark corn syrup, but light would be fine too"
"Can I please just ask....did people use light or dark corn syrup?Adding a 5 star rating because it sounds divine."
"What a great balance of sweet and tart with the cranberries. Definitely will be a keeper recipe."
"In my tiny apartment with time at a premium, I had to use pre-made pie dough, which is disappointing because the recipe looks interesting. Even so, I got raves & requests for more at Thanksgiving. The cranberries really tone down the cloying sweetness of a traditional pecan pie. I came back to the recipe now because I'm going to use it as the topping for bar cookies this Chirstmas."