I combined fresh cranberry salad with the rich custard known as pots de crème, and the result is ever so elegant compared to the usual desserts. —Carmell Childs, Ferron, UT
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place cranberry juice and salt in a small heavy saucepan; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, slowly whisk hot juice into eggs; return all to pan. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and a thermometer reads 170°, stirring constantly.
- Place egg mixture, chocolate chips and vanilla in a blender; let stand 2 minutes. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into six dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, covering when completely cooled.
- Place cranberries in a small food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; toss with sugar. Top each serving with cranberries, whipped cream and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Kissed Chocolate Silk in Taste of Home December 2015, p68
Reviews for Cranberry-Kissed Chocolate Silk
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review