I made this for a holiday dinner with my family. Everyone loved the cran-orange flavor and the sweet glaze drizzled on top. For a fun variation, add 2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut when including the orange juice to the batter, and sprinkle the finished cake with toasted coconut. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice and peel. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce, cherries and remaining orange juice. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into prepared pan. Spread with cranberry mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Pour glaze over top of cake, allowing some to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Filled Orange Pound Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p85
Reviews for Cranberry-Filled Orange Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2016
"This is my recipe and I love orange and cranberries together. I also loved it when I added coconut to the mix."