Cranberry Chip Pancakes Recipe
These simple pancakes from Aris Gonzalez taste so great, you don't even need syrup! The Deltona, Florida cook livens up breakfast by adding cranberries, orange juice and vanilla chips to a classic pancake batter. This one's sure to be a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the cranberries and 1/2 cup water until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, orange juice, orange peel and remaining water just until moistened. Fold in chips. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Originally published as Cranberry Chip Pancakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p54
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
This has fast become one of my favorites. East and great flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >