- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Bog Bars
Sort By :
"added 3/4 cranraisins into flour oatmeal mix. rough chop on pecans. crust was soggy. no flavor even with extras i added."
"WOW, so much better than I thought they would turn out. Easy to make, very tasty. They do tend to fall apart when picking them up, but maybe that was my batch."
"loved it, shared recipe many times"
"Whenever I have to bring bars, I run to this recipe. If you want to make bars that go fast, this is the best choice."
"Moist, easy, disappeared quickly."