Cranberry Almond Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup almonds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; drop 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce into the center of each muffin. Cover with enough batter to fill cups three-fourths full; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Reviews for Cranberry Almond Muffins(4)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful recipe-- I make these when I want a very special muffin for teas, brunches, etc. The only change I make is I add 1/2 c. milk as the dough is very thick otherwise. Also, I put a light powdered sugar glaze w/ almond extract on just after baking. Delicious!!!
These are not only pretty but delicious. All my favorite flavors. I doubled the recipe.
So simple, quick, and tastes amazing!
these are absolutly mouth wateringly good! if you dont believe me make them your slef and find out!