- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
- Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cowboy Casserole
"Very good dish..Next time, I will thaw the tater tots beforehand to cut the baking time down & use Cream of Onion soup for added flavor.."
"The whole family loved this. It was quick and easy to put together. I did double the recipe for 4 servings. I had to bake it a few minutes longer as we like our taters crispy but it came out great. Thanks for sharing!"
"I always double this & cook ground beef with onions & garlic... Sometimes peppers & mushrooms. I also use a can of condensed bean & bacon soup & a can of cream of mushroom soup. Also bake at 400 for about 30 minutes as we like the tots crispy!"
"I love this recipe I make it for pot lucks but this past week I made it for a cabin of 18 and I read all the bland comments and thought I can't take that. So I got creative I put garlic in it of course. Then fiesta corn more sweet corn, kidney beans, black beans yeah it's a lot of extras but it was probably a triple recipe and probably weighted 15 lbs lol I couldn't carry it. But it fed a lot of folks and even got a call after we got home did you have any extras, why yes I had also made my daughter a pan while she was home for the weekend and of course she didn't eat it lol SUPER SUCCESS!!!!!!"
"Family favorite but I double this recipe 4 times and put in a 11x13 pan!"
"Good but definitely needed a bit of extra flavour. I added brown sauces and beef powder.Also, I would let the tater tops thaw a little first as they weren't quite cooked when the casserole was ready!"
"My family loves it! I use the whole can of soup, and add some French fried onions on top during the last 15 min of cooking. Great comfort dish in the winter!"
"my whole family enjoyed it a lot super delicous"
"It was very bland. It needs somes spices like salt, onion powder, garlic powder, etc. But other than that it was very good and I plan to make it again with alot of added spices."
"this is tator tot hotdish with sour cream and cheese"