- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corn Pudding
"I found this recipe to be very good! I found that I DID need to bake the pudding longer than recipe specified-I baked pudding 45 minute and it was not set. I baked about 25 minutes longer and used a knife to test the pudding. Because of the lower oven temperature, I felt that the pudding was slower to set! delowenstein"
"This is very similar the recipe I've used for years, except mine does not include the sugar. It also doesn't have the milk; use undrained whole kernel corn for the liquid. (And it specifies to put the corn bread mix in last). Always a huge hit wherever I take it. It's my go-to recipe when I need something that mixes up quickly. (4-star review because I've never made *this* recipe.)"
"Absolutely fabulous. Made it exactly as the recipe statedand it was gone in minutes."
"I made the recipe as written, and it was very good; but I agree with other reviewers that it is too sweet. Next time I make it I will cut back on the sugar and may add some sauteed onions and/or grated cheddar cheese."
"I've been making this for years! It's a family favorite. As another reviewer wrote, I also saute an onion in the butter and add to the pudding. It's a terrific side dish for barbecue in the summer. We love it!"
"I've been making a this for years with a twist. I saute a onion in the butter than pour over top and add a sprinkle of cheese."
"I've been making this recipe ever since it was introduced in a 2006 issue; it's the one EVERYONE asks for. In fact, I'm a little tired of making it for every occasion, but people HOWL when I beg to bring something else! It truly is delicious and everyone loves it; what more can you ask of a recipe?"
"Made this a few weeks ago and again tonight. It is very good. My husband loves this recipe. I have never heard of corn pudding before so I thought I would try it. I'm glad I did!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving to try something new. Everyone loved it. It was easy and so very yummy!"