- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corn and Black Bean Salad
"Great salad! I used frozen corn instead of the canned corn, and I used olive oil instead of the canola oil. I also left out the cilantro. We really liked this. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"I substituted red and green bell peppers for the tomatoes because I didn't have any tomatoes. This got rave reviews - the fresh ingredients were stronger than the canned and it felt extremely fresh and delicious."
"This is super good and a crowd pleaser. I love it as it is, without any changes. Other times I add proteins or pasta to stretch it out. No matter, it gets raves. It's a very adaptable recipe."
"Really delicious!! I have made this salad quite a few times now, and everyone eats it up."
"Great inexpensive recipe to make for a crowd...I increased by 4 and it got rave reviews. I did add fresh chopped green, red, and orange peppers."
"This was great! I actually used a can of refried black beans due to what I had on hand. Everyone loved this recipe. I will definitely make this again!"
"So delicious! I made three changes, I used a quarter teaspoon of sugar which was more than enough, I broiled the corn in the oven to make it more flavorful, and I used only half an onion. As a lover of onions, even I thought that one whole onion was a little excessive."
"I always love this salad....I've been making it for years!!"
"Wonderful. So versatile.Such a great guideline to play with. Have made this several times now, and each time I change a small thing. I have added jalapenos one time, and left out the cilantro (because I was out), used fresh tomatoes, turned out great. Another time I used an Italian canned tomato. You cant go wrong. I do cut the recipe in half as Im feeding 2, not 8. Tastes even better the next day."