I invented this confection for a bake sale at our children's school. Boy, was it a hit! The crunchy chunks of sandwich cookie soften a bit as the mixture mellows. It's so sweet that one panful serves a crowd. —Laura Lane, Richmond, Virginia
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into chunks, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-2/3 cups white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- Line an 8-in. square dish with aluminum foil; coat with cooking spray. Place half of the broken cookies in pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chips; cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cookies in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and peppermint candies if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cookies 'n' Cream Fudge in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p30
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cookies 'n' Cream Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review