- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili
Sort By :
"My husband who does not like pepperoni loved this chili. I have made it three timesI. I did Use the mini pepperoni but stayed true to the recipe as written. It was very good and smells great. just what you need on a cold, snowy winters day"
"I won with this Chili recipe! It was the category for use of most unusual ingredient. Everyone loved it. My chili was almost gone by the end of the night. My hubby who is a chili purest said it was pretty darn good. I used the mini pepperoni. Just saved me one step. Once everything was combined and simmering I put it in the crock pot for about 3 hrs on high. Will make this again & am saving it to my recipe box."
"Delicious! I used 2 lbs of ground turkey & regular ital sausage. Turkey pepperoni too. I did let the meat & veggies cook for about an hour then added rest of ingredients along with the turkey pepperoni. The chili was served with Jiffy corn bread muffins and this added very nicely to the recipe!!!"
"This was delicious. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I added a dollop of sour cream. Everyone loved it, even my picky eaters."
"What could make this appealing for almost everyone would be to make your favorite 'red chili' recipe. Sub in the pizza sauce for tomato sauce then add pepperoni. Everyone has a favorite that they always go to, make 2 changes and BINGO."