- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili
Sort By :
We love it a lot
Added a pint jar of undrained canned tomatoes from the cellar instead of the plain water. Also added 8oz mushrooms & sauteed them with the meat and other veggies. Put the garlic in the pot after I drained the meat... otherwise all of that good flaver drains off. It's a good chili recipe!
This was so good. I had 5 people request this recipe sent to them. Yum
I fry my pepperoni to get the grease out and drain on paper towels, I wonder if this would work in this chili?
I made this tonight and it was great! I used a 1/2 lb. of turkey sausage and only 1 lb of ground beef and 1/2 the pepperoni and it was perfect for us!