Contest-Winning Glazed Pineapple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or refrigerate for another use); set pineapple aside. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Sprinkle with coconut.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice, butter and pineapple. Spread over coconut. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut sits in pastry. Add decorative cutouts if desired.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm pie. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pineapple Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p31
Reviews for Contest-Winning Glazed Pineapple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2013
"Very good! Easy to make. Very refreshing. A good summertime pie. I will definitely make it again!"
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2012
"Received Reserve Grand Champion at County Fair. Easy to make and really delicious!"
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2009
"This recipe is just awesome! So easy to make,also."