- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the carrots; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Glazed Carrot Coins
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe and it was delicious. Then I tried it with parsnips--also delicious!"
"I used this recipe, too! I admit that I DID omit the brown sugar, though, for health issues! I'd also omitted the ginger, but I used the ground cinnamon and 6 to 12 carrots! It's just my Mom & myself, soI used it just for us! I admit that brown sugar DOES give carrots a nice flavor!It IS a dish I keep in the back my my mind when I want to prepare a carrot side dish!Thank you for sharing this recipe, Helen Bethel! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"Excellent taste, quick and easy to make. What more can you want?"
"I used 2 lbs. baby carrots and doubled the other ingredients here. Very delicious, sweet and good carrot taste."
"Simple recipe that's quick to make and delicious!"