Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Mac and Cheese(25)
Sort By :
I made this last night for dinner with a rotisserie chicken and it was awesome. I questioned the cream cheese at first because I had never thought about adding that to Mac and cheese but it made it so creamy!!! Next time I may add a little more cheddar cheese than the recipe calls for to give it a bigger cheesy flavor! I am already planning on making this again for a Christmas party this weekend, can't wait!!!!
Delicious! I added garlic powder and used panko instead of break crumbs. Knocked everybody's socks off!
Your review is terrible. You simply have no right to lower a rating when you didn?t even use the ingredients required. The mustard adds the ?flavor? you said was missing and doesn?t taste like mustard at all when combined with everything else. People like you should be banned from commenting or rating things.
Excellent!! This is the best Mac & Cheese recipe I've ever had. Don't change a thing, it's absolutely delicious...
Excellent! Seemed just a bit salty to me; not sure why; maybe I used too much salt in my pasta water; would not use any next time. And it has a lot of bread crumbs, could probably cut back on that a bit. Very good!! And easy.
Very good. I didn't use the mustard because I didn't think I would like the taste. I will def make again. Hard to go wrong with cream cheese, in my eyes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >