- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Mac and Cheese
Sort By :
"This is an excellent mac and cheese recipe. Everyone I've made it for just loves it, including me!. I leave out the spicy mustard, though. True comfort food! Thanks for sharing."
"This was very good! If you want creaminess, this is the recipe. I made it according to directions except I added a medium chopped onion. (I doubled the recipe). The only thing I didn't care for was the spicy mustard. It gave it an odd taste, but my husband and daughter loved it. Other than the mustard, this is now my new mac n cheese recipe."
"I made this and was a little disappointed. I wanted some taste to it. I also want a macncheese that doesn't set up like a rock when it starts to cool off."
"This is the absolute best Mac n cheese. For years I have been making Mac nd cheese with velveeta, butter and milk. It was good, but not great. I did tweak it by adding more pasta, and more sharp cheddar. I use penne pasta my kiddos love the burst of cheese in the middle. For those people that are experiencing mealy cheese. You have to melt the butter and roux the flour then slowly add the milk then add the cheeses. Thanks for this delicious recipe!!#"
"good but needs a little something."