Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Mac and Cheese
Sort By :
"This is the absolute best Mac n cheese. For years I have been making Mac nd cheese with velveeta, butter and milk. It was good, but not great. I did tweak it by adding more pasta, and more sharp cheddar. I use penne pasta my kiddos love the burst of cheese in the middle. For those people that are experiencing mealy cheese. You have to melt the butter and roux the flour then slowly add the milk then add the cheeses. Thanks for this delicious recipe!!#"
"good but needs a little something."
"Good stuff! I was out of elbows the last time that I made it so I used shells. Turned out so good!!"
"Very creamy. Husband really liked it. I will definantly make this often."
"This is the best macaroni and cheese recipe ever. The only one I've used for years now. It has a rich creamy sauce and taste great, you can aslo use white cheddar. It is what you'll judge all other mac and cheeses you try."