- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Lightly toasted flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the frosting, coconut and extracts; stir into cake until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cake pop in coating; allow excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut-Rum Cake Pops in Bakeshop Favorites 2012, p70
Reviews for Coconut-Rum Cake Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review