Coconut Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the egg, milk, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened and mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in coconut and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups chips and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cookies; drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Cookies
Sort By :
"I just made these. Absolutely delicious!"
"These cookies are wonderful! If you like coconut, you will love these! I made them according to the directions, I baked for 10 minutes, cookies were soft & chewy. The frosting I felt was a little scant, would probably 1 1/2 or double recipe next time...and might try brown sugar in the frosting next time. But truly a hit in my book, will definately become a favorite at family gatherings!"
"Excellent! Love the topping with a bit of crunch in the cookie. Made these for a cookie exchange and they were a hit."
"Was disappointed with this - was expecting more of a German chocolate taste - and the only taste of that is the coconut icing - otherwise it's like a chocolate chip cookie - Had trouble with the chocolate drizzle - had to add a small amount of butter to get it to actually drizzle"
"sooo good! rich and chewy, I'm making them for my cookie exchange this year. Make sure you read the ingredients amounts very carefully I almost used a hole can of milk(8oz), other than that I did everything the same. I see why they are a blue ribbin winner. Love them thanks"