Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Loved these! Didn't have coconut extract, but used vanilla extract and coconut flakes and still tasted great. Very simple and quick to make. This has become one of my family's favorite cookie!"
"I brought these to work. Everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. I always cook with Parkay instead of butter, and I added pecans, but walnuts would be good, too. We think all cookies taste better with nuts!"
"Instead of Chocolate Chips I used chocolate chunks equally as good and with a little extra sugar this recipe is really good!"
"Nice taste. Liked the way the baked, turning brown all over at the same time. Used White chocolate and it would have tasted better using some Macadamia nuts."