- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Yummy! Just made these and gave my husband one right out of the oven...only problem he had was that the rest of these are going to my father for Father's Day. I guess I will have to make another batch sometime for my husband!"
"Love this recipe. It taste so good.I use brown sugar and my home made no sugar added coconut flake and it turn out great!!For some people who have problem with expanded or flat cookies, try put the dough in fridge 30 minutes before scoop them.I did it and mine look great!!!"
"I'm in love with coconut and these are great! I'm glad I looked at the reviews and decided to go ahead and buy the coconut extract instead of settling for vanilla! But, I found they were a little salty, so I'm ommitting salt in future use! Loved these though!!!!"
"Do yourself a favor and hunt down coconut extract. Ours was found at Trader Joes. I made them using vanilla extract and they were not nearly as good. But with coconut exttract, they are AMAZING,! I could scarf down the entire batch."
"Loved these! Didn't have coconut extract, but used vanilla extract and coconut flakes and still tasted great. Very simple and quick to make. This has become one of my family's favorite cookie!"