Bacon, turkey and Swiss cheese are the base of these unique and delightful enchiladas. You’ll need about 1-1/2 cups of leftover turkey meat for this recipe. —Anna Ginsberg, Austin, Texas
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 yellow corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon, red pepper and onion until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bacon mixture, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and milk; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Club-Style Turkey Enchiladas in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p47
Reviews for Club-Style Turkey Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review