- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- Green sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cereal. With buttered hands, press mixture into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Turn onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut with a 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter; reshape shamrock stem if needed (save scraps for another use).
- In a microwave, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon over cutouts and spread evenly. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Clover Crispies
"What a fun idea for St. Patrick's Day!!!"
"The recipe is perfect for st. Patrick's day."
"I?m planning the St. Patrick?s Day party for my daughter?s class. I can?t wait to make these..they will be a hit with the kids! I found some cello candy bags from Box and Wrap that have shamrocks on the bags?.so cute. It?s the extra special touches that make the party great. Thanks so much for the recipe."
"not very easy to shape, but the grandchildren loved them at our brunch on the morning of the St. Patrick Day parade."
"I make this recipe every March ever since it came out. My granddaughters love them. I do not use the candy coating tho, i ice with a butter icing tinted green and then the sprinkles."