- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Classic Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Excellent excellent excellent!"
"We love carrot cake, so even though I have not yet made this cake.... it sounds delicious. I'll definitely try this recipe. Why canola oil, can vegetable oil be used instead? Also, can the equivalent of Egg Beaters be used, instead of whole eggs?"
"Made this for a bake sale as a two layer cake and included recipe and this was the first cake sold! Used the extra pineapple juice in the frosting and topped with extra chopped walnuts. Smelled heavenly while it was cooking. Will make it again for me and hubby."
"Awesome carrot cake. This was my first time making this and everyone loved it! I actually made them cupcakes :)"