Field editor Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana shares this rich bread pudding recipe that goes together in minutes. There's plenty of old-fashioned cinnamon flavor...it's sure to become a favorite!
- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p57
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review