- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, apple juice, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 2 cups. Set sauce aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour sauce over rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p113
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review