“This is an easy, tasty appetizer that all of my family and friends love,” Lisa Kane promises from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. “The ingredients meld together for a great-tasting hors d’oeuvre that goes well with many different main dishes.”
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p55
Reviews for Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review