- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of each of the following: whipped topping and strawberry filling. Drizzle with half of the glaze. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Strawberry Torte
Sort By :
"A family favorite. Someone always requests this for a birthday!!"
"The cake recipe is not very good, but the filling, glaze, and presentation get five stars."
"I made this for my daughters birthday..it was a huge hit...chocolate & strawberries are a great mix!"